This is the dish I am asked to bring to every family gathering. Everyone loves Caesar salad, and the store bought dressings do not compare. Don’t be put off by the anchovies, it adds the subtle saltiness and don’t expect a white creamy dressing. This is the real thing and much better.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 2″ squeeze of achovt paste or 2 achovy slices mashed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed with salt or pressed
- dash of Tabasco
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large head of Romain lettuce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese curls or 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together egg yolk, olive oil, Tabasco, Worchestershire and garlic. Add lemon juice in a slow stream, tasting as you go so as not to be to acidic. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss romaine and bacon with dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
Per serving · 254 calories · 24 g fat · 5 g carbs · 3 g net carbs · 7 g protein